CHAGRIN FALLS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The Chagrin Falls Alumni Association was revived in 1989 with the purpose of tracking former class members, aiding classes in holding reunions, supporting Chagrin Falls school activities and maintaining the image and traditions of the Chagrin Falls School District.
The Chagrin Falls Alumni Association operates under the guidance and leadership of a Board of Trustees and alumni officers in a partnership with the Chagrin Falls Schools’ Alumni Director, Mr. Brian McKenna (Class of 1988). The Association has several main standing committees: Scholarship, Hall of Fame and Social.
Since its founding, the Alumni Association has placed a memorial plaque at the high school’s library entrance in honor of those alumni who dedicated their lives in service of our country. Other plaques, which are located in the middle school, honor Alumni Association’s Life Members, known as the Tiger Pride Club. This club generates the resources for scholarships awarded to graduating seniors. The Alumni Association also has a 501©(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service which makes it a charitable organization for tax deduction purposes.
Other accomplishments of the Alumni Association include:
- Acquired 38 new life memberships, giving the Alumni Association 739 life members since 1993. The life memberships endow the scholarship fund as well as other Alumni projects. Awarded 6 scholarships totaling $6,000 to graduating seniors in the class of 2009. This brings the number to 81 scholarships awarded through the CFAA. Recipients this year were Sarah Vasey, Courtney Lynch, Emily Fishman, Shannon Cook, Kara Hoye, and Erin O’Toole.
- Published 3 “Tiger Tales” newsletters (54 issues since January, 1991).
- Maintained an Alumni Association website.
- Sponsored an all-class reunion/party at Town Hall during the Blossom weekend with 400 people attending.
- Provided a float for the Blossom parade along with the Chagrin Falls Booster Club with scholarship recipients riding on the float.
- Continued to sell alumni postcards at Town Hall in conjunction with Main Street’s Visitor Center.
- During the high school commencement, presented corsages to 10 graduates that were a child of a Chagrin alumnus. Three of these seniors had both of their parents as Chagrin graduates. One of them had both of his parents and all four of his grandparents as Chagrin graduates.
- Organized a very successful twelfth annual Chagrin Falls Alumni Association golf outing.
- Helped organize and support many class reunions and provided a reunion handbook for reunion committees.
- Conducted the ninth Chagrin Falls Schools’ Achievement Hall of Fame banquet.
- Acquired and displayed more school memorabilia in the Chagrin Falls Schools Tom Mattern Historical Room, which is off of Sands Community Room. This room contains nostalgic memorabilia dealing with the history of the Chagrin Falls School District and its many students.
- · Organized a very successful eleventh annual Chagrin Falls Alumni Association men’s and women’s varsity basketball alumni games.
- Organized Annual Chagrin Falls Alumni Association men’s lacrosse and baseball alumni games.